View all facilities

Storrow Park

Features

  1. Basketball
  2. Basketball Court
  3. Gazebo
  4. Monkey Bars
  5. Parking
  6. Playground
  7. Slide

Overview

Storrow Park and the Storrow School are named in honor of Charles S Storrow, first mayor of the City of Lawrence. The park is located on Prospect Hill between High and Pleasant Streets commanding a great view of the City. Murgia Playstead and a water tower are located in Storrow Park.

Storrow was born in 1809 and graduated from Harvard College in 1829. He came to Lawrence at its very beginning as an engineer for the Essex Company, surveying the early town street system and implementing the construction of the Great Stone Dam and the North Canal. After incorporation as a city in 1853 he was elected the City’s first mayor serving one term. He also served on the School Committee for six years.