Animal Control


The Animal Control officers provide domestic animal control services to the City of Lawrence and respond to citizen requests for services regarding animal bites, loose animals, barking dogs, injured animals, and other animal related issues.


Animal control laws are strictly enforced within the City of Lawrence. Emergency animal control issues should be reported to the police by calling 911. Either the Animal Control Officer or a police officer will respond to your request. For non-emergencies please call animal control at 978-794-5856.

Visit the Animal Control page in the Police Department section for more information.